[openspending-dev] Alternative architecture diagram

Paul Walsh paulywalsh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:53:52 UTC 2015

Hi Friedrich,

I find this new diagram hard to get my head around. Maybe the color coding is incorrect in some places? E.g.: relational db, resource repository and analytics api are in the heart of OpenSpending.org in the diagram, yet are all marked for provision by "others".

I'm wondering if you are using the colour coding with a different meaning to that of OSEP1/2.

It also looks to me that this is not really an alternative to OSEP1/2 as such, and rather a view of it from a different perspective. For example, this diagram is more concerned  with the stack (angular, cubes, loadkit, s3, etc) than the design itself, as I read it.

Just adding these comments now as I'll be traveling around the world while the meetings are on tomorrow.