[wdmmg-discuss] UK tax and cuts

Alistair Turnbull apt1002 at goose.minworks.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 15:45:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Tim Hubbard wrote:

> At 22:58 +0100 13/6/10, Lisa Evans wrote:

>> 1. We could start from the list of results from Chop or Not
>> (http://chopornot.channel4.com/) and use the costings that channel 4 used.
>
> The problem with chopornot is that it isn't clear how much you are chopping
> or what the consequence is - at least I couldn't find it.

The chopornot guys have a spreadsheet with the information in it. I expect
they would send you a copy if you asked.

The hundred different cuts in the chopornot game are hand-chosen, but the
pairings are randomised, so don't be put off too much by the specificity
of the questions. The biggest value in this data set is its enormous size:
millions of answers!

I think you are unlikely to get a better measure of the "popularity" of
various cuts, so do think about ways of using it, even if the structure
is not ideal. We are.

 	Alistair