[wdmmg-discuss] Cuts website live

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Oct 18 08:49:46 UTC 2010

On 17 October 2010 22:19, Richard Pope <richard at memespring.co.uk> wrote:
> I have the Advantage West Midlands and Arts Council data loaded, still
> working on Schools cuts:
>
> http://wherearethecuts.org/
>
> Thoughts / suggestions?

First off: this is great! Brilliant idea to re-purpose Ushashidi.
Really, really good. Some thoughts:

1. I've been working a little bit now you have automated other data to
hand enter the (limited) detailed cuts info we had from:
http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/cuts/ effort.

One example is: <http://www.culture.gov.uk/news/media_releases/7297.aspx>

Most of these cuts are to general UK-wide bodies (e.g. UK Film
Council). At the moment I am coding these geographically as London. Is
this sensible?

2. At the moment it appears a hand-entered cut has to be manually
approved before it goes live -- any way to bring in more moderators ;)

3. Second Lisa's comments about amounts. Could not see a field to
enter the amount (which would be useful to have -- when it is known).

Rufus

PS: if you want OKF logo you can find it here:
<http://m.okfn.org/images/logo/okf_logo_white_and_green.png>