[wdmmg-discuss] Cuts website live

Richard Pope richard at memespring.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 09:00:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> On 17 October 2010 22:19, Richard Pope <richard at memespring.co.uk> wrote:
>> I have the Advantage West Midlands and Arts Council data loaded, still
>> working on Schools cuts:
>>
>> http://wherearethecuts.org/
>>
>> Thoughts / suggestions?
>
> First off: this is great! Brilliant idea to re-purpose Ushashidi.
> Really, really good. Some thoughts:
>
> 1. I've been working a little bit now you have automated other data to
> hand enter the (limited) detailed cuts info we had from:
> http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/cuts/ effort.
>
> One example is: <http://www.culture.gov.uk/news/media_releases/7297.aspx>
>
> Most of these cuts are to general UK-wide bodies (e.g. UK Film
> Council). At the moment I am coding these geographically as London. Is
> this sensible?

hmm. If possible I think we should try and find the next level down.
e.g. if the film council is going, we should be able to get a list fo
all active programmes.

> 2. At the moment it appears a hand-entered cut has to be manually
> approved before it goes live -- any way to bring in more moderators ;)

I'll add a 'Get involved' section to the about page asking for
moderators and  data sleuths. Should I point them at this list or if
not can we have a team@ email address?

> 3. Second Lisa's comments about amounts. Could not see a field to
> enter the amount (which would be useful to have -- when it is known).

See above comments, but yes I'll see if its possible to hack an
explicit field in.

--
/*
richard at memespring.co.uk