[wdmmg-discuss] Israel budget data

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Apr 4 09:23:12 UTC 2011

Dear Roy,

My name is Lucy Chambers and I'm the Community Coordinator for the
OpenSpending project. It's been a while since we've had any contact with you
so I thought I would just provide you with an update with where we stand
with your visualisation and suggest a couple of things you may be able to
help with to help the project move along.

Friedrich is still working on your flash visualisations, he is making
progress, but he mentioned that you had talked about setting up a landing
site for the project, in order to promote it before its release so that the
flash visualisations could just be added and ready to go almost immediately
when they are ready. Does that ring any bells? If so, please let us know how
you are getting along and if not - I would be happy to discuss it further
with you!

Secondly, it would be great if you would be able to help find people to
translate your datasets from the Hebrew into English. Your data is looking
really good but we want as many people to be able to use and compare it as
possible - hence the need for it in English!

Please keep us in the loop about how things are going your end and don't
hesitate to contact me if I can help in any way!

Best wishes

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers

Community Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation

http://okfn.org/

Hi Roy,

CC'ing the discuss list as this is of general interest.

On 18 January 2011 10:59, Roy Peled, FOIM <roy at meida.org.il
>* Dear Rufus,*>* When we met in the Opengovernmentdatacamp, you mentioned that the Israel*>* budget was more or less ready to be loaded onto wdmmg. If I remember*>* correctly, you said its a matter of clicking "go" and that's it. Assuming*>* it's not realy THAT simple, how can we facilitate the process and have it up*>* in the air? We by now already have the 2011 budget too, which we would*
It really is almost that simple -- and we've already done the bit of
extra work to write a loader at our end.

However, it is good to review what the data will look like so we can
fix the loader if need be. I propose is we load into our staging
server first, have a review and then load into live. (We may also want
to think about a lang attribute as all the descriptions are in hebrew
:*) )*
I'm also cc'ing my colleagues Anna Powell-Smith and Friedrich
Lindenberg who have been working on this.

>* obviously like to add, but not if that would hold things back, in which case*>* I would go with what we have and add that later.*
Let's load what we've got (which we can do very rapidly and then
include the 2011 budget).

Regards,

Rufus

>* Anyhow, please let me know what we should do to move things,*>* Thanks,*>* Roy*>* Roy Peled*>* Director*>* Movement for Freedom of Information in Israel*>* www.meida.org.il*