[wdmmg-discuss] Visualization of How Much Max You Pay (in the UK)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 9 11:49:17 UTC 2011

With a little spare time on the train yesterday I had a go at putting
together a visual frontend to our existing OpenSpending Tax API [1]:

 <http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/tax-calculator/>

You can now just a slider to set your income and it will estimate your
total tax. Accuracy is far from 100% esp at high incomes but this is
based on National Statistics estimates (see Sources section on the
page).

It would be great to do this for other jurisdictions -- anyone up for
digging up the data for other countries? Once we have the data coding
a calculator is pretty easy [2].

Rufus

[1]: http://wiki.openspending.org/API#Tax_share
[2]: https://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg/src/885d25f99caf/wdmmg/lib/calculator.py