[wdmmg-discuss] Open Spending Working Group + Blog?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jun 24 13:18:13 UTC 2011

On 23 June 2011 18:52, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> What do people think about having an Open Spending Working Group -
> which would basically be a group of people who are working on
> OpenSpending.org in their country - and other interested parties (e.g.
> people interested in open spending data who are not contributing to
> OpenSpending.org). At the moment we don't have a single list of all
> the people working in this area - I think that this could be really
> useful!

I -0 on the new WG. Being part of OpenSpending should not mean you
have to contribute data. Can't we just list those people (if we want
to do that) on our wiki?

> Also what about having, e.g. blog.openspending.org, or
> spending.okfn.org as a place to put things like meeting notes, project
> updates, list of WG members, etc? At the moment OpenSpending links to
> the WhereDoesMyMoneyGo.org blog, which is probably not the right place
> to put, e.g. updates on Italian or German spending data!

We already have this (and have had for some time) :-) but no-one has
yet posted there. We also have agreement to migrate all material from
wheredoesmymoneygo.org blog section to there.

Anyone out there with wordpress experience who could help us get started here?

Rufus