[OpenSpending] Fwd: FP7 research project on Big Data

Chris Taggart countculture at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 23:29:04 UTC 2012

We've got hundreds of millions of rows... ;-)

Chris

OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
Blog: http://blog.opencorporates.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenCorporates

OpenCorporates is published by Chrinon Ltd, a company dedicated to
improving and publishing public data under an open licence that allows and
encourages reuse, including commercially. Registered in England, number
07444723.

On 5 December 2012 18:42, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone on this list use Big Data as part of their work on
> Financial transparency? Does the size of the data which we work with
> (sometimes many millions of rows) count?
>
> OKFN-De are engaged in a Big data research project and want to hear
> from us on whether there is anything they should be looking into.
> Would love to hear from you,
>
> Lucy

OpenlyLocal :: Making Local Government More Transparent
http://openlylocal.com
Blog: http://countculture.wordpress.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CountCulture