[OpenSpending-discuss] Update on Spanish budget information

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jan 24 08:54:57 UTC 2012

On 23 January 2012 20:48, David Cabo <david.cabo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  For those interested in what's going on in Spain, a few quick updates:
>
>  * The government of Euskadi / Basque Country, the region leading the Open
> Data movement here in Spain, has released their budgets for the last ~10
> years in CSV [1]. This used to be published only in PDF, and as far as I

This is brilliant. Could you add it to the DataHub:

<http://thedatahub.org/group/openspending>

> know they're our first government using an open format: the national budget
> is in HTML, and other regions use their own custom PDF format. I hope to
> find the time to do the visualization of their budget soon, and see if that
> convinces other administrations to follow their lead.

That would be brilliant. As you are probably aware loading and
visualizing data into OpenSpending has got much simpler.

>  * We've added a regional budget comparison to our "Spanish WDMMG" site,
> using the high-level budget summaries we could scrape from a central
> government site. We really liked the visualization that VISup developed
> originally for Italy, so we've customized that with their permission. You
> can see it at http://www.dondevanmisimpuestos.es/ccaa/  (And I say "we" but
> actually Juan Elosua, CC'd, did almost all the work.)

Fantastic. Is there a way for us to contribute those visualizations
back into the the OpenSpendingJS library of visualizations tools?

Rufus