[OpenSpending] Canada launches spending database without transactional spending data?

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Thu Apr 25 21:28:54 UTC 2013

Hi all,
(sorry for crossposting)

The Canadian Treasury board this week launched a database on expenditure
[1], which received quite a bit of coverage [2].

As far as I can tell, the database does not include any transactional
spending data [3], but only expenditure data across programmes,
sub-programmes etc.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone can help shed some light on this and
possibly share the reactions from the Canadian open data community?

Thanks,
Anders

[1] http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/ems-sgd/aegc-adgc-eng.asp
[2]
http://globalnews.ca/news/502224/new-database-will-allow-canadians-to-track-government-spending-data/
[3] As for instance released in the UK at
http://data.gov.uk/openspendingand US at
usaspending.gov

--
Anders Pedersen