[OpenSpending] Nice article by Nathaniel Heller about Fiscal Transparency (or lack thereof) in Florida

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 18 09:28:48 UTC 2013

There's a nice piece in the Miami Herald by Nathaniel Heller about
fiscal transparency (or lack thereof) regarding the Florida state
budget:

<http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/17/3237026/floridas-murky-fiscal-transparency.html>

It includes a hat-tip to OpenSpending and Where Does My Money Go - it
appears some US company named Spider Data Services has been paid $5m+
to build a transparency website similar to Where Does My Money Go [1]!

I've also posted it to the OpenSpending Facebook timeline:

<http://www.facebook.com/OpenSpending/posts/482530771795837>

BTW: the OpenSpending facebook timeline is open for anyone to post
material <http://www.facebook.com/OpenSpending> so if you do come
across a good "spending story" please do post it there!

Rufus