[OpenSpending] Open procuring: how does your country perform?

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Thu May 9 15:00:17 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Sunlight needs your help! We created a master spreadsheet to track
procurement disclosure policies in different countries. This will guide us
in our domestic
work<http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/03/11/announcing-a-new-procurement-initiative/>but
we also think it is high time to
*

combine our efforts with other transparency activists and push for globally
applicable norms and standards around contract openness.
*
*

*
Here's a blog post that explains our efforts:
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/05/01/open-procuring-how-do-other-countries-perform/

And here's the public (though not editable) spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/a/sunlightfoundation.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhECmY-CLA1hdHQ4STNKcEpoSS1RaHZ4YWFnNUxGZ2c#gid=0

*

We used a recent report on the progress made in implementing OECD
recommendations <http://www.oecd.org/gov/ethics/combined%20files.pdf> and
already found some discrepancies on page 46. Please have a look at our
sheet and let us know if info is missing or incorrect. What is the actual
publication practice in your country? Is there a case study - most
preferably in English - that gives a good overview on how contracts are
published in your state? Are there any open source civil society tools that
use procurement data? Does your country have any suspension/debarment
procedures? Is there anything else we should ask?

Please contact us to verify information about your country!

Thanks,

Julia

*

*