[OpenSpending] London Open Data Maker Night #7 - Wednesday 4th December 2013

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Nov 28 08:38:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I and others will be doing a bunch of OpenSpending work at the next *London
Open Data Maker Night* will be on *Wednesday 4th December* from 6:30pm.

We'll be primarily looking at getting in more UK and London data - see
this issue
in our data wrangler tracker for
more<https://github.com/openspending/datatoload/issues/24> -
but we're delighted to work on other countries (last time there was some
work on Tanzania!).

*All are welcome* and feel free to drop in any time during the evening, you
can sign up at (or even just turn up on the night!):

http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/London-GB/1062882/

As with previous nights it is kindly hosted by the Centre for Creative
Collaboration.

Regards,

Rufus

### What

Open Data Maker Nights are informal events focused on "making" with open
data – whether that's creating apps or insights. They aren't a general
meetup -- if you come, expect to get pulled into actually building
something, though we won't force you!

### Who

All are welcome. The events usually have short introductory talks about
specific projects and suggestions for things to work on – it’s absolutely
fine to turn up knowing nothing about data or openness or tech as there’ll
definitely be an activity for you to contribute to and someone to guide you
in helping out!

More about Open Data Maker Nights and Parties at
http://okfnlabs.org/events/open-data-maker/­