[OpenSpending] Mapping Error while Uploading Data to OpenSpending

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Mon Sep 30 13:43:48 UTC 2013

On mán 30.sep 2013 10:55, Tarek Amr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list, thus, I am not sure if this question have been asked
> before or not.
>
> I created a dataset for the Egyptian Budget, uploaded it to
> datahub.io<http://datahub.io/dataset/egypt-budget-summary-2013-2014/resource/518ed715-73ed-494a-affb-30295d67e639>
>
> Then after adding the dataset to OpenSpending, mapping the mandatory
> fields, 'amount', 'time', 'to' and setting a unique field 'itemID'
>
> I got the following error while trying to save my mapping.
>
>    - *mapping:* '%s' must be a compound dimension if it exists.
>
> Any idea how to solve that?

Hi Tarek,

This is an old bug that's actually been fixed (you just reminded me that
I need to deploy it).

The problem you're facing is that the 'to' dimension (and the 'from'
dimension if you have it) must be compound dimensions (so when doing the
mapping you should choose "Dimension" not "Attribute".

I'll go and deploy now. Thanks for pinging the list about it.

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>