[pd-discuss] Public Domain Day 2012

T. Margoni thomas.margoni at unitn.it
Mon Nov 14 17:10:00 UTC 2011

> Just as a quick note, India does life + 60, not life + 70. Would the
> rule of the shorter term thus mean his [original] work is thus PD in
> most jurisdictions already?
>
> [At least, I am assuming his copyrights would be governed by Indian
> law - he died pre-independence...]

it should mean that his work is life+60 everywhere in the world unless
protection is claimed in a country that specifically says something at
this regard, which, as far as i can tell, are not many (actually i
cannot name one)... but for any other aspect the work should be
protected following the rule of where protection is claimed...
(plus eventual provisions regarding pre-independence works, etc)

would be good if any expert, such as severine, could confirm, though...