[School-of-data] More details about the School of Data

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Thu Jun 14 13:32:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Please see today's blog post for the most recent news about the School of
Data:
http://blog.okfn.org/2012/06/14/laying-foundations-for-the-school-of-data/

In particular, a huge thank you to all of you who participated in the
recent virtual sprint. The afternoon was hugely productive and your input
and enthusiasm was fantastic - we all agreed it has been the highlight of
the School of Data so far!

With the new structure in place and plans moving forward, there are many
more highlights to come :) Our key focus at present is going to be working
up the Data Wrangling Handbook. Take a look at the skeleton draft, and find
out how you can contribute here:
http://handbook.schoolofdata.org/en/latest/index.html

Finally, just a quick reminder that this mailing list is going to be kept
low-traffic, but do come across and join us on scoda-dev to join the
emerging data wrangling community and discuss the plans and courses in more
depth! Sign up here: http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/scoda-dev

Thanks again for all your support.

Kind regards,
Laura