[School-of-data] introduction

Cedric De Vroey cedric.devroey at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:50:33 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Cool project that 'School Of Data'. I'd like to volunteer :-)
I'm a data 'wrangler' myself, well, the formal term is ETL-engineer
(Extract, Transform & Load), and I myself prefer the term 'Data Ninja' :D

Anyways, I have a few years of trackrecord in data warehousing and I'd be
very comfortable teaching other people the tools I use to get my jobs done.
Tools I use the most are Kettle (also called Pentaho Data Integration)
which is actually a tool with which you can do almost all data wrangling
you want, and it's FREE (Yes, free as in Freedom & free as in 0 ping ping).

Cheers,
Cedric

--
Cedric De Vroey