[School-of-data] Some short updates

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Mon Apr 14 16:37:35 UTC 2014

Everyone,

I've been quiet in the last few days (more than usual) - sorry for this.

Milena and Me just returned from a workshop we did in Romania training
activists and journalists in using data. I'm sure Milena can tell you more,
since my romanian is very limited and I only got about half of what was
going on.

Open Knowledge is rebranding - some of you might have seen the discussions
around that. There is a wiki page for this:
http://wiki.okfn.org/About_the_Open_Knowledge_brand. This will not majorly
affect what we do at the School of Data If you have any concerns, don't
hesitate to contact me (or email to naomi.lillie at okfn.org)

The next Community Call - I'll be in Miami working with Mariana Santos on
Chicas Poderosas starting Wednesday so Milena agreed to take this over
(should happen this week).

Hope everything is well with you and you are all alive and kicking!

Michael

--
Data Diva | skype: mihi_tr | @mihi_tr
The Open Knowledge Foundation | School of Data