[the-datatank] newbie on the loose

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:56:36 UTC 2012

Hi Marc,

The SHP support is currently only available in the develop branch on
github. If you have cloned the repository you can do this step to get to
this branch:

$ git checkout develop

If you then copy everything to your /var/www you should have shape
support. In the current develop branch the Excel strategy will throw an
error because we didn't include the Excel library by default. If you
won't open up xlsx files, the easiest thing is to remove
custom/strategies/XLS.class.php.

This should help you further through the tutorial.

Pieter

On 03/14/2012 02:52 PM, Marc Portier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have just started playing with the datatank, and am getting stuck on
> the SHP support.
>
> The related [SHP] section is not showing up under the TDTInfo/Admin
>   I know it has a dependency on php-base but I'm too new to php to
> know where to look for what.
>   I've been trying
>     - http://linuxhints.blogspot.com/2006/06/i-needed-to-have-php-compiled-with.html
> (failure during build on the launching an embedded mysql apparently)
> and
>     - http://www.calipus.com/blogs/install-and-configure-php-dbase-ubuntu-1010-and-php-5210
> (there is no ext/dbase to be found)
>   to no avail...
>
>   Do I have php-dbase? How can I check?  If not how do I get it?
>
> Any help and suggestions welcome.
>

> Looking further I see that in fact CSV is the only resource type I
> have information about in the TDTInfo... will I be able to start off
> with XML and excel imports too?
>

> And on the side:
>  * what is the status on https://github.com/iRail/The-DataTank-GUI or
> any alternative?
>  * is an ajax UI possible: ie can PUT/DELETE be tunneled through POST?
> (either through using  X-HTTP-Method header or some _method request
> param?)
>
> regards,
> -marc=

+32 (0) 486/747122
OKFN vzw/asbl - iRail vzw/asbl - FlatTurtle bvba