[wsfii-discuss] a couple of things

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Aug 23 09:16:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:34:01AM +0100, hugh barnard wrote:
> - I helped organise an open source for voluntary
> sector thing last year. It was a success but we didn't
> capitalise on tailing goodwill.  Could be we an opt-in
> for further communications on the registration (sorry
> Jo..)

Okay, though this time next week someone will want to be able to telnet to
it and map social networks with it.
I'm going to hang out with the developers of hiveminder for a couple
of days and i hope it will be fully useful to manage comms organising...
instead of having to have a mailing list ... :)

> - Suggest we put a local print publications stream
> into the mix somehow. Important for every non-techie
> and everyone on the other side of the digital divide..

This is a very, very good idea. I hear Mute have some nice
print-on-demand stuff going on. Wiki driven, corner crank printing
press. That would be good to try and seed something which may then be
permanent, too.

-jo