[wsfii-discuss] a couple of things

Julian Priest julian at informal.org.uk
Tue Aug 23 11:54:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 02:16:19AM -0700, Jo Walsh wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:34:01AM +0100, hugh barnard wrote:

> > - Suggest we put a local print publications stream
> > into the mix somehow. Important for every non-techie
> > and everyone on the other side of the digital divide..
>
> This is a very, very good idea. I hear Mute have some nice
> print-on-demand stuff going on. Wiki driven, corner crank printing
> press. That would be good to try and seed something which may then be
> permanent, too.

Just to add to this a little - one of the pre wsfii tracks in the
workshop is the Book Sprint http://okfn.org/wsfii/wiki/BookSprint
which needs just this kind of collaborative authoring -> print system
as well so might be good to focus efforts on one toolset?

Apart from the mute tools, there were other similar projects already
in some state of development in these projects that could be of use?

http://wirelesslondon.info/PODwiki
http://own.spc.org

chrs