[wsfii-discuss] Lime as a precursor

hugh barnard hughbarnardlists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 15:41:53 UTC 2005

It was great that the Lime was such a success. I'm
afraid I've kept a couple of mine for my
grandchildren. It also could be a confidence building
exercise for something more sustained (and LETs like?)
later.

When you tell people about scrip and alternative
currencies (I tried this on my pupils who go home with
headaches from sustained ontological abuse), they go
'that'll never work!'. I then say 'it already has'.

However the Lime serves as 'demonstrator' which is
much stronger than just citing precedent. Hey, it's
knowledge by acquaintance rather than by description!

Best regards Hugh