[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

piksieben at gmail.com piksieben at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:38:56 UTC 2005

Paula wrote:

> I was just rather defensively hoping to head off a relatively
> conservative development economist friend telling me I'm bonkers. I sent
> it to him cos I think he ought to consider it since he's interested in
> working with micro-economic collectives - but, of course, it *would*
> manage to copy itself to the list via the reply-to field!

I'd love to hear the opinion of an economist (or two) on this. I'm
pretty sure they'll kill it in an instant.

Anyway, when I was "forced" to exchange 5 pounds to limes on the weekend
i was pretty annoyed, because effectively it made me to have my lunch in
one of a very few shops that were selected for non-economic reasons by
people that I have no influence on.

I'd also like to hear the opinion on this from local shop owners who
weren't part of the program. I suppose they wouldn't be thrilled if they
knew about this unfair scheme.

Basically this was simply a transfer of power from me to the issuers of
Limes. That's not good at all. Well if it was more than 5 quid that is,
plus the food was actually okay, so I'm not *really* complaining but
just trying to make a point. :)

Torsten