[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:14:00 UTC 2005

On 06/10/05, piksieben at gmail.com <piksieben at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically this was simply a transfer of power from me to the issuers of
> Limes. That's not good at all. Well if it was more than 5 quid that is,
> plus the food was actually okay, so I'm not *really* complaining but
> just trying to make a point. :)

This particular configuration of the Lime was as a one-off event
currency which was put together in a remarkably short amount of time
with a great deal of hard work on the part of Greenman.  As such, it
had self-evident limitations.  Keith Hart touched on this during the
CC panel.

What if the Lime was accepted by all shops, restaurants and pubs in
the area?  Would you have perceived it as a transfer of power then?
The point of the Lime is that the WSFII organisers weren't happy with
just having a discussion of CC on the panel, they wanted to give
people an approximate real world taste of what using CC can be like.
Just as people were able to get on the free wireless network at the
town hall.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"Isn't a state that keeps files on innocent persons a police state?"
-- David Mery - Innocent In London http://gizmonaut.net/bits/suspect.html
 Radio Interview with David Mery
http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6963.php