[wsfii-discuss] Worldchanging article on Complementary currencies

piksieben at gmail.com piksieben at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:55:30 UTC 2005

Mamading Ceesay wrote:

> What if the Lime was accepted by all shops, restaurants and pubs in
> the area?  Would you have perceived it as a transfer of power then?

Yes of course, because transferring power and limiting my choice is
precisely what it has been designed for. Extending it to all shops in
the area doesn't change my basic argument at all.

> The point of the Lime is that the WSFII organisers weren't happy with
> just having a discussion of CC on the panel, they wanted to give
> people an approximate real world taste of what using CC can be like.
> Just as people were able to get on the free wireless network at the
> town hall.

Free as in 10 quid admission? ;)

But sure, the Lime was an interesting experience and absolutely okay for
the WSFII, especially since I didn't expect to get anything back from
the admission fee in the first place. So basically I had free lunch
thanks to the Lime. ;)

Torsten