[wsfii-discuss] Re: Whole Infrastructure Catalogue

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 09:32:22 UTC 2005

On 18/10/05, Karel Kulhavy <clock at twibright.com> wrote:

> Once I wanted to generate Linux kernel documentation from Docbook and
> wasn't able to do it. Permanently getting some erros regarding missing
> piece of installed software even when I did everything according to the
> README. Then I consulted the kernel folks on the mailing list and even
> they weren't able to fix it

That's a fair comment.  Installing a Docbook toolchain can be
non-trivial unless you are running a Debian-based distro say, where
it's all been packaged up nicely so that it can be installed with one
command.

Docbook itself can represent a barrier to entry, since a lot more
folks are able to write some dialect of WikiText than DocBook.  Having
a CatalogueEntryTemplate on a wiki would go someway towards
standardising the structure and formatting of the Catalogue entries
which would make the transformation to PDF simpler and more effective.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"Isn't a state that keeps files on innocent persons a police state?"
-- David Mery - Innocent In London http://gizmonaut.net/bits/suspect.html
 Radio Interview with David Mery
http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/09/6963.php