[wsfii-discuss] Re: Review Community Currencies panel scheduling?

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 18:30:23 UTC 2005

On 17/09/05, Keith Hart <keith.hart at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Squeezing all that into one hour doesn't make sense. I was told that the
> session would be an hour and a half. What are all the other things you
> are going to talk about that make time so scarce? Or is it that you've
> invited too many people? Maybe you'll get a no show or two. I can speak
> for five minutes, if necessary, but it doesn;t feel like I'm being given
> a lot of respect by the organizers.

Knowing Saul and Jo as I do, I am confident that no disrespect was
intended.  The constraints of the schedule (self-imposed or otherwise)
are more likely to be at fault here.

Looking at the programme ( http://www.okfn.org/wsfii/programme.html ),
it could be argued that those on the Free Culture/Free Media panel are
getting shorter shrift though that probably won't make you feel better
about this.

Personally, I think the CC panel could benefit from another 15-30
minutes of running time if we have all four panellists present but I'm
not in charge of the schedule.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"[The reformers'] remedies do not cure the disease: they merely prolong it....
The proper aim is to try and reconstruct society on such a basis that poverty
will be impossible."
-- Oscar Wilde