[wsfii-discuss] WSFII Summit in Catalonia by the end of April 2.007 (27th-29th)

james stevens james at spc.org
Wed Dec 20 12:43:41 UTC 2006

Dear Ramon and all,

I have been following discussions regards your suggested date for the
Barcelona area wsfii type event with interest whilst also considering a
complimentary 'mash' event in London around that time.

There is considerable interest in each area of focus suggested, the
acute firmware focus of C labs community wireless weekender is of
specific interest to many who would also like to attend your event, me
included. However given the hard choice I will be there with you!
Guifi.net demonstrates the extent to which freenetwork enterprise and
community wireless proposition can propagate whatever the technique (and
I have yet to visit Barcelona)

If fresh attempts to resolve dynamic routing (hail B.A.T.M.A.N
<https://snr.freifunk.net/trac/wcw/tags/%27B.A.T.M.A.N%27>) are to be
successful then successful deployment across larger scale
infrastructures such as those at guifi might be key to their wider adoption.

Similarly the zero conf and service discovery tools fast being included
in the evolutionary prototypes for tooling of wireless networking
(hivenetworks.net) will  expose the value of locally created and hosted
services and application of new ideas to the expanded infrastructure.

So we need both and preferably one after the other than all at once.! In
the meantime we are hanging back on setting dates for our event till we
hear what you decide..!

what about the weekend before or after?

easy

James