[wsfii-discuss] WSFII Africa - ICT Conference

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 10:33:44 UTC 2006

Jeff

Haven't we been discussing precisely this already? Was
it outside this list?

If anyone is interested, I will be glad to share a
proposal for an extensive GIS based information
sharing online service - if there is somewhere the pdf
can be hosted, well and good.

Basically, it is designed to be user-centric, and
includes extensive use of voice-enabled features in
order to maximise grassroots participation. Many of
the features already exist, either open or openly
available, as in Google Earth, but need to be
integrated. A core team to do this has been
identified, but actual work is held up pending
sourcing some sustainable funding.

---
Vickram

--- Jeff Buderer <jeff at onevillagefoundation.org>