[wsfii-discuss] It should work/Live video conference - for real?

mahabir at himanchal.org mahabir at himanchal.org
Sat Sep 23 06:53:55 UTC 2006

Hello;

> Does anybody on the list have experience with setting up Live Video
> feeds and/or Video conferencing?

We have some experiences in that area. But we are not fully successful
yet. We are sure that it should work.

> What setup was used?

We have used Axis 210A network camera for the tele-teaching program in our
wireless network. We are using VLC madia player. The idea is to do live
teaching by one teacher to classrooms in several schools.

We know what our problem is. The main problem is we have not solved our
routing problem yet. The second problem is that our computers are PIIs and
PIs and are too slow for video-conferencing.

> Did it work even with multiple participants?

Yes, it works for multi-casting. The VLC has that option.

> Was it open-source/free software?

VLC is open source software.

> Was it possible to record while broadcasting?

Yes that is possible.

Philip, who is our technical volunteer, can provide other technical
details. You can contact him at Philip J. Mucci <mucci at cs.utk.edu>.

Thanks.

Mahabir Pun