[wsfii-discuss] REVIEW - Wireless Training in Winneba

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 06:51:52 UTC 2007

Speaking as a 'local' from a 3rd world country, I have
witnessed the difficulty faced in organising local
events that will justify the time and effort put in by
participants who will travel far and wide to be there.
Thing is, so do the locals, often enough, although
that doesn't seem to be so obvious to outsiders till
they get (t)here.

For such events to happens smoothly (and believe me
this has nothing to do with 'self-organising', but
unfortunately is perhaps perceived as being related),
even the local groups need support.

The regrettable truth is that the costs of such
support are more or less the same as needed to meet
the ongoing costs of such events anywhere in the
world, but are considered to be out of 'proportion' to
the results. Which is to say, locals cope with and
often overcome obstacles that do not exist in other
parts of the world. Naturally, this is not valued
proportionately.

A reality we all face is that the value of things
(resources, efforts, human time and ingenuity) is
equated to money, but that money (currently, or
perhaps inherently) does not reflect the equitable
value of the resources expended. Part of the wsfii
think process is naturally aimed at overcoming this.
Seems like Winneba has richly illustrated it.

http://www.pc-sicherheit.web.de/startseite/?mc=022220

Vickram