[wsfii-discuss] Hardware donation at hand

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 06:44:01 UTC 2007

--- Jeff Buderer <jeff at onevillagefoundation.org>
wrote:

> We need a structure in place within the wsfii
> network to manage or at
> least facilitate the process.

With all due respect to the way things have been done
in other circumstances, one facet of wsfii is
precisely the steering clear of 'organisation' that
has its own baggage.

If there is confusion, it is only because everyone is
not totally with it on the process. If the process is
not clear enough, then either we should automate a
'rules' mail that goes out to the list once a month,
or we should express our doubts about the process.

I think that a working group for a particular 'event',
such as the gathering in Ghana, should take charge to
coordinate things. This should be as open a process as
possible, to avoid the kind of stuff that went wrong
in Dharamsala (for example, many travelers requesting
visas for India put down 'conference' as the reason
for travel, not knowing this raises a red flag with
our penpushers, who either delayed or refused some
requests. We should have had an advisory telling
people to select 'tourism' or something).

Vickram