[wsfii-discuss] WSFII.org website in pity full state!

Assoc of Public ICT Tools Access Prov list at apiap.org
Wed Jun 6 08:15:26 UTC 2007

Klavs
   Great to note you are working on the web site. Primarily I note from the
new layout. We should get the web architecture properly.

I suggest a plan of Action as follow :
# I will start a new thread as what do we all expect from the wsfii web site

# This will clarify where is the contribution expected
# Let the volunteers come forward & pick up the task . We shall see there
are at least 3 people assigned to every task.

hope this is acceptable

Warm wishes

Ashish

On 6/6/07, Thomas Maketa <tmaketa at gmail.com> wrote:

> How to insert a francophone section in the wiki?
>
> Could it be posible to give the  structure of the current comitee so we
> know who do what, with details as where the servers are located who manage
> them, who manage de wiki... There are so many mails flying around from so
> many people that I get lost.
>
> For new comers as me, it would help to figure out how to help and how to
> fit in.
>

> On 6/5/07, Klavs Bryld <klavs at boevl.dk> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for you offering the hosting :-)
> >
> > The hosting is really no problem. It's shared between OKFN and DIIRWB
> > and also kloschi has the Ghana WSFII wiki hosted.
> >
> > What really, really is needed is editorial (pro)activity...
> >
> > For documenting present activity:
> > * What is happening where? - not just what has been send to give
> > international-coordinator at diirwb.net or posted on the wiki (because thes
> > is very sparsely).
> > * To get hand on when milestones has been reached, - i.e when the date
> > for the Ghana WSFII is final?
> > * etc
> >
> > It will be really, really nice to have some people around the world take
> > co-responsabillity on posting events at the website or just to notify
> > international-coordinator at diirwb.net when something is happening.
> >
> > .... and also coding and rough manhours are needed to preserve history:
> >
> > * The merging of the wikis, that Klocshi has started.
> > * spamprotecting the wikis.
> > * Cleaning up the original wiki and the dharamsala-wiki for all the
> > spamming.
> > * etc
> >
> > anybody wants to help?
> >

> > many regards, Klavs
> >

> > Jonathan (ac3bf1) skrev:
> > > Hey guys,
> > > if you need hosting for the site let me know
> > > i can put up a virtual host in 5 minutes on my server and install the
> > > wiki engine if needed :-)
> > >
> > > ac3bf1 (John)
> > >

> > > On 6/5/07, *Fred Pook* < fredpook at gmail.com
> > > <mailto:fredpook at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Hiya,
> > >     I am happy this thread is picking up and we are chatting..
> > >     IMHO I would put Ashish in charge of this effort of making the
> > WSFII
> > >     online presence a solid one.
> > >     Please reply if there are objections to this
> > >
> > >     Thanks Fred
> > >

> > >     On 6/5/07, Thomas Maketa < tmaketa at gmail.com
> > >     <mailto:tmaketa at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > >     > So who take the lead ?
> > >     > When do we organize?
> > >     > When the first meeting to assess situation, offers and plan?
> > >     >
> > >     >
> > >     > On 6/5/07, Rob Dyke < rob at comwifinet.com
> > >     <mailto:rob at comwifinet.com>> wrote:
> > >     > > Ashish, All,
> > >     > >
> > >     > > Here is my offer of contributing time and effort for the
> > critical
> > >     > > infrastructure side of things. I've much kit and much
> [...]

Association of Public ICT Tools Access Provider
http://www.apiap.org