[wsfii-discuss] ... take the lead

marco marco.pompe at web.de
Thu Jun 14 09:19:39 UTC 2007

hi Gerard

no. i do not agree. i admit you offer the most pragmatic way and i guess
u will agree we may call it "meritocracy". that may suit everybody who
believes to be meritted. i am realistic enough to see that in abscence
of alternative structures we once more have to go that "way of the minor
disorder". but i totally agree with Ian in so far: in self-organisation
as a process of real equal rights and solidarity, as a matter of real
co-operation, we have a great value and a challange to face.

concerning this "someone has to take the lead" i have another comment:
 to lead doesnt automatically means someONE have to do it. i think we
all should improve in critically reflecting our merits and those of
others, that we may achieve a process within everybody is leading and
teaching as she/he is learning according to the added output of our all
best knowledge. this is not a fairy tale, as I experienced that in
variuos ways ...

you are talking about the future as it is something to preserve. we live
in a world filled up with preservation, precautions, insurance and stuff
- yet we are going to destroy it and fail to stop exploiting, oppressing
and killing each other - how come? maybe its because of the very
limmited number of persons to contribute in the configuration of our world?

greetings, marco, berlin