[wsfii-discuss] Do your country's Telco Regs help or hinder community networks?

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Mon Mar 19 20:45:42 UTC 2007

The scenario you are describing for Australia regulators and a former
monopoly is quite similar with the one we have in Spain. If not exact.

About internet access, is a matter of critical mass. Internet is already
there owned by citizens, and also there are plenty of public internet
access at the libraries, local offices, teleworking centers..., etc.
It's just a matter to build a big and efficient enough network to enable
those who need it to share those internets or buy their own in a place
where are available.

IMHO For a neutral network, have content on on it, incl. internet,
although still from regular ISP, is key, so it's a matter of gaining
that critical mass (network & content).

En/na Simon Knight ha escrit: