[wsfii-discuss] Do your country's Telco Regs help or hinder community networks?

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Mon Mar 19 20:47:09 UTC 2007

En/na Thomas Maketa ha escrit:

> We are also in the process to ask for a license fees exemption (or at
> least reduction ) because of the non-profit (low profit) and public
> service nature of the project but it's like we are unlikely have it.
A couple of thoughts here:
"non-profit" or "low-profit" could be quite similar as a result, but is
not the same. You might be a "low-cost" ISP, but still an ISP, therefore
very likely local regulations apply.
Anyway good luck in trying to solve this license fee abuse.
As a suggestion: Given the fact that you are not thinking in make big $
by network access fees, have you considered to simply build neutral
network, no fees, and just get paid for materials and labour to
workaround this?