[wsfii-discuss] Do your country's Telco Regs help or hinder community networks?

Thomas Maketa tmaketa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:30:43 UTC 2007

Hi Ramon,
I think that by neutral network you mean something like just interconnecting
individuals and building a "backbone", that is suitable when you have
individuals having internet connection and wanting to build a "citizen
network", but here we have very few people having Internet at homes because
the cost to install internet is very expensive : 500USd for installation
equipment and 120USd monthly fees.
So our plan is to reduce that amount and make people able to install for the
cost of hardware and pay between 20 and 40 USD for a month just to pay
Internet bandwidth, maintenance, salaries ....