[wsfii-discuss] civic information project across 2 CWN's

Michael Lenczner mlenczner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 23:20:03 UTC 2007

apologies to those of you already saw this on the NYC mailing list.

Hello,

Last year WirelessToronto collaborated with us (Ile Sans Fil)  to
promote art by young Canadians across both of our networks.  I think
that was the first time two CWN's worked together to promote content.

Now we're trying civic engagement.  We just launched a project with
the new Quebec city CWN - ZAPQuebec..  They also use Wifidog, so it
was easy to get them to throw up some content.  The content is an
aggregation (using Wifidog's RSS aggregator) of different feeds
pertaining to the upcoming provincial election.  Feeds come from the
different parties in the race as well as from youtube, delicious and
flickr.

There's more info about it here.

http://civicsense.ca/?page_id=11

And here is a publicly accessible website so that non-wifi users can
check out what's going on.
http://civicsense.ca/elections/quebec07/