[Ckan-users] Problem with setting up the Datastore

Mikel Egaña Aranguren mikel.egana.aranguren at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:21:10 UTC 2015

Hi;

I was in the same situation and what did was (Assuming you have root access
to your server):

1.- Create a file with the SQL commands by runing the paster instructions
till "set-permissions" and redirecting it (set_permissions.sql):

paster --plugin=ckan datastore set-permissions > /home/you/set_permissions.sql

2.- Open a postgres connection as root and execute the file:

sudo -u postgres psql

psql> -i /home/you/set_permissions.sql

Cheers

-----

Dear ckan users,

I am trying to set up ckan. So far it is running well and I've decided
to set up the datastore so I am able to upload data from the page.
I've follwed the guide under
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/datastore.html. Right now
im
stuck at setting permissions to my datastore_default database.

I run:
paster --plugin=ckan datastore set-permissions | paster --plugin=ckan
datastore set-permissions postgres -c /etc/ckan/default/development.ini

And it returns:
paster datastore: error: unrecognized arguments: postgres

Unfortunately I have not found anything related on the internet, which
is why I am asking you for help.
I have also tried: set-permissions datastore_default, which is also an
unrecognized argument.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

--