[kforge-dev] svk

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 22 12:25:55 UTC 2005

Jo Walsh wrote:
> i chatted with clkao last night and came away firmly convinced that
> svk is worth looking at to enhance kforge's backend.
>
> http://svk.elixus.org/
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/03/03/svk.html
>
> the general impression is, much more granular change / commit control,
> distributable and syncable repositories, particularly fit for
> translation, and that way maybe ideal for svn for knowledge management
> rather than just code management...

That's a really good point Jo. I've looked at svk a bit before but not
in much detail. While svk decentralized model is promising my concern,
at present, is that svn is more stable and /much/ better documented than
svk (and more familiar) we'll probably stick with svn as a first choice.
However this certainly not a closed issue.

~rufus