[kforge-dev] svk

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Aug 22 12:51:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:25:55PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> >http://svk.elixus.org/
> >translation, and that way maybe ideal for svn for knowledge management
> >rather than just code management...
>
> at present, is that svn is more stable and /much/ better documented than
> svk (and more familiar) we'll probably stick with svn as a first choice.

as i understand it, svk uses the svn storage backend and has basically
the same CLI, but extended. So it would be easy-pie to migrate in
future. This was one of those "i just met this interesting bloke down the pub
and all the cool perl kids are doing it" kind of suggestions, anyway.

The design/arch docs look really impressive, and i can't wait to start
breaking the implementation ;)

-jo