[kforge-dev] url naming (bug and suggestion)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Jun 4 18:43:32 UTC 2006

Small Bug
=========

At present it seems that
   /project/<project-name>/service
has been changed to
   /project/<project-name>/services

but that not all links in templates have been updated.

Suggestion for url naming guidelines
====================================

However this brings me to a general question about our url naming
guidelines. I'd like to propose the following conventions:

1. All urls should be lower case with underscoress e.g. access_denied
rather than accessDenied etc
2. Singular rather than the plural (just as we do for db tables). e.g.
   service rather than services,
   project rather than projects,
   user rather than users etc

what do people think?

Login/logout url

We used to have /user/login and /user/logout but I think this has been
changed to /login and /logout. I have to say I preferred the original.
This isn't a biggie but whatever we do we need to make sure the code is
consistent (e.g. src/kforge/handlers/modpython.py is currently using the
old style (/user/login) which means the redirect does not work

Again what do people think?

Regards,

Rufus