[kforge-dev] Auto apache reload

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Sat Mar 1 20:53:08 UTC 2008

Hi Martin,

I'll write you a full answer to explain the code, but firstly I do know
that the apache reloading has been working reliably on the platforms
we've used (basically: Ubuntu and Debian). But I don't understand why
you would be getting the broken pipe. :-(

About the plugins, the onCreateService methods you mention are called
when a service is created. The domain model raises "domain object
lifetime events", and these events are potentially handled by any of the
plugins. But suddenly I don't know why the accesscontrol plugin is
guaranteed to be called after the repository is created. If the order is
wrong, and the apacheconfig builder needs to know something about the
repository, then things will go wrong. It's been working fine so far,
but we probably need to look again at this.

Bye for now,

John.