[kforge-dev] kforge and apache mpm-worker or mpm-prefork

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Apr 1 13:27:30 UTC 2009

2009/4/1 John Bywater <john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net>:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> The snag I hit upon within kforge at knowledgeforge.net repeated when I tried
> to use several domainmodel applications at once here. The virtual hosts were

Not sure what snag you ran into. all of the problems yesterday stemmed
from the change in domainmodel to convert to unicode strings in db.
Otherwise all the virtualenv stuff was working fine.

> confused, and it was cycling around different services when you requested
> any of them, crashing occasionally. When I ran inside mpm-prefork the
> problem went away.
>
> Not sure exactly what, but there appear to be some thread-vulnerable aspects
> of KForge/domainmodel.

Maybe though I would always be sceptical until one had actually
eliminated all the "duh" possibilities. In my experience it nearly
always turns out to be something rather simpler -- just as the issue
with svn 1.5 turned out to be to do with interaction with our
authentication code and the way svn 1.5 got stricter about user
setting in requests.

Rufus