[MyData & Open Data] this group's thoughts on definitions

Andy Turner A.G.D.Turner at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 08:08:29 UTC 2013

Hi

I suggested that "MyData" is personal data about an individual which they control ownership and access control rights over. I'm not sure about the ownership part, mainly because I was thinking about what happens to these data after the individual dies... Perhaps better is:
"MyData" is personal data about an individual which they have rights to share and restrict the use and access control rights over.

This latter attempt is a bit more positive and somehow provides the right for the data owner (the individual person of the personal data) to licence their use even after their death.

The suggestions here contained are in comments to the Google Docs Document.

I read the rest of the thread to date, but I thought this was the best place to make this post.

HTH

Andy
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/index.html