[MyData & Open Data] Monetization of personal data

Mattias mattias at okfn.se
Tue Apr 22 16:25:47 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 12:13, Sally Deffor wrote:
> An interesting take on a student who sells all his data at an auction
> (including all social media communications). Wondering though about
> the rights to privacy for the other people who were involved in this
> communication.
Very interesting. Most probably not. I wonder if that is a bit of the
thing with privacy-disrespecting & closed Internet services - it does
not give incentive nor the right to care about others data. E.g. if I
don't want my data to reach Gmail then that is impossible if that is the
solution that the correspondant uses. A remailer or something is the
only alternative apart from snail-mail.

Another article about it, perhaps not so different:
http://theconversation.com/dutch-student-sells-his-data-for-350-but-at-what-price-privacy-25736