[MyData & Open Data] OpenData + Privacy: what's happening around the world

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Sat Jun 14 14:01:39 UTC 2014

*Hi all, In a couple of conversations with our Open Knowledge local groups,
some of them have mentioned that privacy and/or personal data topics are
starting to come up for them. We've got an Open Knowledge presence in well
over 40 countries now and I'd like to ask them all whether these topics are
'on their agendas' locally, and if so, in what way or what context. Then we
can work out whether there's specific information or support we could
provide. So I'd like to send out a super short survey to find out. I know
these are tough concepts to articulate clearly especially to an
international audience with lots of different backgrounds - just as we
found a bit last week at the workshop in London. As such I'd love to have
your input - what would be good ways of phrasing questions to be clear but
also get useful information from the groups?I started a
pad: http://pad.okfn.org/p/Opendata-privacy-international-survey
<http://pad.okfn.org/p/Opendata-privacy-international-survey> or feel free
to respond in thread!  I hope we can come up with some questions to send
out in a week or so. On a related note: i've thought of this in an Open
Knowledge context because I've been talking to our local groups and because
they are a big part of our work; are there other relevant local groups who
we could easily reach out to who might have useful insight here?Best
regards,Laura*