[MyData & Open Data] Swedish Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board scrutinizes Google cloud services to host students data

Mattias mattias at okfn.se
Thu Mar 6 15:34:56 UTC 2014

On 06/03/14 10:22, Sally Deffor wrote:
> Hi Mattias,
> [quote snipped]
> I thought it would be particularly interesting to see, (with the
> Swedish Personal Data Act being 15yrs), whether any special principles
> have been included/changed that take account of third party access in
> relation to opening up personal data.
That is an interesting point. Have you heard of any such principles
before? In this case it seems like it is conflicting with the PUL
(Personal Data Law) from 1998 which aims to protect citizens from
exactly the situations that the data seem to end up in with the case of
Google storage services.

I could try to get in touch with them when I have time and see what they
say about this case. I agree this is interesting, whether this PUL-law
is unique or actually just enforced harder by the Oversight Board.

By the way have you migrated the MyData hackpad to OKFN-pad yet?

Best,
Mattias