[MyData & Open Data] Workshop on June 10 & 11

Sam Smith s at msmith.net
Mon Mar 31 13:39:40 UTC 2014

Such travel choices are a trade off, but I'm not sure that okf have yet attempted to make a case for what any events will do, and so no one is in a position to make an informed decision as to whether time/energy/etc should be spent on attending. Those tradeoffs are individually prioritised, but the group should ensure that as many are accommodated as possible.

I believe okf have a financial pot for travel, and should facilitate some form of pre-event engagement and discussions (neither seem to be happening at the moment) both for those who attend any events, and those who can't make it for any reason.

But before that, it would be useful to know what this meeting is actually for, and why. Given the broad and diverse set of expert and informed views, a discussion of that roadmap (which may be being drafted somewhere else) would be helpful.

Pet grads
Sam
--
@smithsam