[MyData & Open Data] Personal data & privacy logo

Lancelot PECQUET lancelot at pecquet.org
Sun Oct 26 10:41:45 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

- "personal data & privacy" is indeed different from "mydata & open data"
- "mydata" is a slippery concept that carries lots of hidden assumptions
about "data ownership"

Therefore
- Having a group to discuss mydata (and its pitfalls) can be interesting
(but also time-consuming)
- I'd rather spend my time on a group focused on personal data &
privacy, including
  data portability, in a more "neutral" setting, as stef suggests it
(NB: this could also be a place to
  talk about mydata without taking its framing hypotheses for granted)
- Above all, I think maintaining confusion is misleading and dangerous

Have a nice day,

Lancelot